Paris Machine Learning meetup
Paris Machine Learning meetup
We are currently in Season 5 of the meetup. Here is the schedule of our upcoming meetups * Voici notre calendrier des futurs meetups.
- 5 Mars '18, Hors série #3
- 14 Mars '18
- 11 April '18
- 09 May '18
- 13 June '18
If you want to * Si vous voulez :
- give a talk ? please fill out this form here.
- add an item to our newsletter, please fill out this form here.
- receive a low frequency newsletter, go here
- sponsor or host a meetup, please contact us
- organize an hors série / non regular meetup, please contact us
Links / les liens
- Les archives du meetup (videos, slides)
- Meetup.com to register / pour aller aux meetups,
- on LinkedIn to post jobs ,
- on Facebook
- on Google+
- follow our Twitter account, or use the #MLParis tag
- YouTube Playlist of most of the meetup videos
- Aucun tweet trouvé
Past Meetups with slides and videos of the streaming (most up-to-date version of the Archives is here)
Season 5 will start in September !
- Paris Machine Learning #1 Season 5: Code Mining, Mangas, Drug Discovery, Open Law, RAMP, Video is here. Hosted and sponsored by #LaPiscine. September 14, 2017
- Franck Bardol, Igor Carron, We know what the AI world did Last Summer
- Xavier Lagarrigue, Presentation de Deep Algo, La Piscine
- Laurent Cetinsoy, Challenge Datascience JNI - CDS - Pollinisateurs (pdf) Lien : http://bee-o-diversity-challenge.strikingly.com/
- Open Law: IA et droit, Dataset d'apprentissage , Olivier Jeulin, Lefebvre-sarrut.eu http://openlaw.fr/travaux/communs-numeriques/ia-droit-datasets-dapprentissage
- Challenges in code mining, Information theoretic approach, Jérôme Forêt, Head of R&D de Deep Algo, Deep Algo
- Using Posters to Recommend Anime and Mangas by Jill-Jênn Vie, (livestream from Japan). Site: http://research.mangaki.frRelevant ArXiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.01584
- Generative models for drug discovery. Application to crypto-currencies by Mostapha Benhenda (Startcrowd.club)
- RAMP: a tool for data science workflow building and crowdsourcing by Balazs Kegl (also on slideshare).Links: https://www.ramp.studio https://github.com/paris-saclay-cds/ramp-workflow https://medium.com/@balazskegl
Season 4 (September 2016-June 2017)
Machine Learning #10 Ending Season 4 : Large-Scale Video
Classification, Community Detection, Code Mining, Maps, Load Monitoring
and Cognitive (video is here).
hosted and sponsored by SCOR . June 27, 2017.
- Antoine Miech (Doctorant à l'INRIA, Gagnant du Kaggle YouTube 8M challenge ) , Learnable pooling methods for large-scale video classification
- Christel Beltran (IBM) Innovating, Differenciating with Cognitive
- Aurélia Negre, Adèle Guillet - Quantmetry, Théorie des graphes : détection de communautés et cas d'application (demo link)
- Juliette Tisseyre - Code Case Software, Code Mining vs Text Mining
- Remi Dellasus - Qucit, Mapping Learning, How to use machine learning to extract maps data from satellite images ?
- Simon Henriet - Smart Impulse, Non Intrusive Load Monitoring
- Paris Machine Learning meetup "Hors Série" #13: Automatic Machine Learning. Hosted and sponsored by Sewan . June 13th, 2017
- Paris Machine Learning Hors Série #12: Deep Learning and Classification of Pollinating Insects May 29, 2017. Organised by Saclay CDS. Hosted at La Paillasse and sponsored by NVIDIA. Video is here.
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup #9 Season 4 @ IHP, Bias, Ethics & Fair Algorithms. May 11, 2017. The meetup was hosted by l'IHP, and sponsored by Quantmetry.
- Paris Machine Learning Hors Serie #11 : Workshop SPARK (atelier 2)
- Paris Machine Learning @ Devoxx April 6, 2017·
- Paris Machine Learning Hors Serie #10 Season 4 Workshop SPARK (atelier 1) March 22, 2017
- Paris Machine Learning Hors Série #8 Season 4: Azure Machine Learning (video) ( The event was sponsored by Microsoft and hosted by Cellenza.March 1st, 2017.
- Paris Machine Learning, Hors Série #7 Season 4: Machine Learning for Arts, Gene Kogan The event will be hosted and sponsored by our good friends at Mobiskill. February 27th, 2017
- Paris Machine Learning #6 Season 4, Symbolic AI, Recommendations & Naïve Bayes (vieo) The event was hosted and sponsored by Sociéte Générale. February 21st, 2017.
- Franck Bardol, Igor Carron, What's happening
- Fabrice Popineau, Symbolic computation : where does it fit in today's Artificial Intelligence ?
- Mehdi Sakji, Développement d'un système de recommandation de contenu
- Sylvain Ferrandiz, Soyons naïfs, mais pas idiots
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup #5 Season 4: LIME 'Why should I trust you', Apache SAMOA, GAN for Cracks, Opps . Hosted and sponsored by Mobiskill. Video is here. January 11th, 2017
- Marco Tulio Ribeiro, "Why Should I Trust You?" Explaining the Predictions of Any Classifier ", [code]arxiv link (short video presentation and longer KDD presentation)
- Albert Bifet, Telecom-Paristech, "Apache SAMOA" Github repo
- Julien Launay "Cracking Crack Mechanics: Using GANs to replicate and learn more about fracture patterns" without animation link is here
- Daniel Benoilid, foulefactory.com, 5 min talk "Man + Machine : Crowdsourcing opportunities"
- Paris Machine Learning #4 Season 4: ML for Ultrasound, export/import in R, electric consumption from times series, #NIPS2016 Hosted by Dojo and sponsored by Snips.ai. December 21, 2016.
- Anne-Laure Rousseau, Machine Learning appliqué aux images d'échographie,
- Mathieu Lechine, Benchmark: Import/export functions in R
- Jiali Mei, Reconstituer la consommation d'électricité à partir des agrégations temporelles / Recovering Multiple Nonnegative Time Series From a Few Temporal Aggregates ,
- Igor Carron, So What happened at NIPS 2016 ?
- Paris Machine Learning Hors Série #4 Season 4 on Deeplearning4j: Applying Deep Learning to business problems in production. Hosted by Cap Digital . Video is here. Nov 28, 2016
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup #3 Season 4: OPECST, Correlations, Transfer Learning, DL @Amazon, Car Sales (video) Nov 8, 2016, Hosted by AAA Data and sponsored by zen.ly
- Dominique Gillot, Sénatrice, ancienne ministre et Rapporteure avec le député Claude de Ganay d'un rapport sur l'Intelligence Artificielle pour le Parlement. Mehdi Benhabri, Administrateur de l'Office parlementaire d'évaluation des choix scientifiques et technologiques (OPECST). Important: Pour celles et ceux qui ne pourraient pas parler à la sénatrice, un questionnaire en ligne est disponible et les réponses seront adressées aux deux rapporteurs et à l'administrateur qui suit le dossier IA . Slide
- Paris Machine Learning, Hors Série #3: Mathématiques et Data Science( video) October 20, 2016
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup #2 Season 4: Emotional AI, Regaind, Health Knowledge.... October 12th, 2016 . Meetup hosted and sponsored by Vente-privée.
- Franck Bardol, Igor Carron, intro (newsletter October 2016)
- Clementine Delphin, Startup Weekend Artificial Intelligence (slides pdf version, 2 mins)
- Olivier Dolle, Ivan Vukic, Antoine Deblonde Vente-privée, Machine Learning at Vente-Privée,
- Frederico Quintao, Health Knowledge Framework for the Web.
- Gregory Renard, Xbrain, "Emotional AI", http://www.people2vec.org/
- Arnaud Laurenty, Regaind.io What I wish a ninja data scientist had told me before we started building our datasets :)
- Debate with François Némo, "Pourquoi l'Europe est-elle absente de la guerre des plateformes ?" (pdf version)
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup, Hors Série #2, Season 4: Scalable Machine Learning with H2O, September 21st, 2016, Hosted and sponsored by Murex.
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup, Hors série #1, Season 4: Introduction to Bayesian Inference with Stan and R September 20th, 2016, Hosted and sponsored by Dataiku. Video is here.
- Paris Machine Learning #1 Season 4: AlphaGo, Deep Learning & Global Biodiversity, DataScience Game, September 14th, 2016, Hosted by DojoCrea. Video is here.
- Antoine Dusséaux, le Paris NLP meetup
Season 3 (September 2015- June 2016)
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup #14 Season 3: Dare Mighty Things. June 8th, 2016, The meetup was hosted and sponsored by Lagardere.The video is here.
- Olivier Sorba, Lagardere, presentation
- Rony Rozas, LeGuide Lagardere, presentation2
- Lenka Zdeborova, ( @zdeborova ) Institut de Physique Theorique de Saclay/CNRS, What can physics bring to machine learning?
- Mark Reidl, (
@mark_riedl ),Georgia Tech, Using Stories to Teach Human Values to Artificial Agents
- Antoine Bordes Facebook AI Research lab (FAIR), Memory Networks pour questions-réponses et systèmes de dialogues
- Raymond Francis (
@CosmicRaymond) NASA/JPL, AEGIS Autonomous Targeting Software Deployed for the Curiosity Rover's ChemCam Instrument (ppt version)
- Philippe Duhamel,(
@teamkadeal ) Clustaar, Moteur de conversation pour les bots/robots (ppt)
- Stephane Bura, (
@s_bura ) Weave.ai, Machine Learning and OS (ppt ) (see also AI and the future of the Operating System)
- Robert Salita, Comparing, Benchmarking AI Services
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup #13 Season 3; Data augmentation methods in Deep Learning, Neural Turing Machines, Manga Recommendation. May 11, 2016 We will be hosted by DojoEvents. Refreshements and food will be offered by dotAI.io. Video is here.
- Meilleur Data Scientist de France (epilogue d'hier), Jeremy Atia , Romain Ayres , Christophe Bourguignat, Stéphane Fenia, Fabien Vauchelles
- Vinay Kumar (arya.ai) Role of Data augmentation methods in Deep Learning
- Tristan Deleu (snips.ai) Learning Algorithms (and more) with Neural Turing Machines
- Jill-Jênn Vie (mangaki.fr) Mangaki, recommandation de mangas open source
- LightOn, Igor Carron, CEO, presentation
- Franck Bardol, Igor Carron, Introduction
- Blue Frog Robotics, Jean-Michel Mourier, CTO, presentation
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup #12 Season 3: ML Hardware April 26, 2016.Video is here. Mozilla France is hosting us. Mathworks is sponsoring the networking event afterwards. Video is here.
- Arjun Bansal, Nervana Systems, Nervana and the Future of Computing
- Marc Wolff, Amine El Helou , Mathworks, Un algorithme distribué de forêt aléatoire pour du risque de crédit/ A Random Forest distributed algorithm for credit risk computations.
- Olivier Guillaune, Any computer for my machine learning?
- Igor Carron, LightOn.io, Approximating kernels at the speed of light
- André Reinald, Mozilla, Projet peerstorage.org
- Paris Machine Learning #11 Season3: Rogue Waves, Dataiku, eLum, Human Resources, DNN on Matlab, Data and Cars, The Great Convergence. April 13, 2016. Xebia hosted us and sponsored the event.Video is here.
- Matthieu Blanc, Yoann Benoit, Presentation Xebia
- Paul-Henri Hincelin, Dataiku, Putting Data science in productio
- Martin Prillard, Talentoday, How psychometrics and machine learning can identify corporate cultures and business success factors
- Amine El Helou, Deep Learning in Matlab.
- Igor Carron, "The Great Convergence" or How ML/DL is disrupting sensor design.
- Themis Sapsis (MIT) Robust prediction of extreme wave events in realistic seas
- Laurence Vachon Mission On Mars Robot Challenge 2016
- Florent Pignal, drust.io Drust: Application de la data science à des données du véhicule connecté!
- Cyril Colin, Karim Elalami , eLum, Artificial Intelligence Driven Energy Management, Elum Energy - Load forecasting for nano-grid management
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup #10 Season 3, M&A, Speech Recognition, Telecoms, Mariana DL & HR, March 9, 2016. Meetup was hosted and sponsored by Capgemini Consulting. Video is here.
- Franck Bardol, Igor Carron, Introduction
- Olivier Auliard et Charlotte Delaunay (Capgemini Consulting) Mergers and Acquisitions
- Gabriel Synnaeve (FAIR) Summary of his talk @ Collège de France : Reconnaissance de la parole / Speech recognition Slides
- Stéphane Senecal (Orange) Reinforcement Learning for Resource Allocation in Wireless Communication Networks
- Tariq Daouda (University of Montreal) Mariana, the Cutest Deep Learning Framework.. Talk around Mariana Deep Learning Library (Tariq vient de créer un dossier publique qui contient ses présentations
sur Mariana, il y a inclut les slides de la présentation du meetup
ainsi que l'exemple de live coding.
folderview?id= 0B5hz7qLUGDHOLTQzSl81aktMYVE& usp=sharing)
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup #9 Season 3: Machine Learnings in Music / A First step with TensorFlow , February 22, 2016. Hosted and sponsored by Mobiskill @Mobiskill. Video is here.
- Inès Al Ardah, présentation de Mobiskill
- Bob Sturm, " Your machine learnings may not be learning what you think they are learning: Lessons in music and experimental design" @boblsturm ( The Endless Traditional Music Session, Deep learning for assisting music composition (parts 1-4) Deep Christmas Carols)
- Jiqiong Qiu "First step Deep Learning with Tensorflow" site associé: https://github.com/Sfeir/demo-tensorflow
- Pitch: David Marie-Joseph, "La reconnaissance visuelle au service du shopping"
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup #8 Season 3: Fair and Ethical Algorithms, February 17, 2016, hosted by Dojocrea (
@Dojocrea ) and sponsored by. ELS - Editions Lefebvre Sarrut, It Lab ( @elsitlab ). Video is here.
- Franck Bardol and Igor Carron, Introduction
- Suresh Venkatasubramanian, An Axiomatic treatment of fairness @geomblog Here is an Al Jazzera show on the general subject of fair algorithms (with Suresh in it).
- Michael Benesty Application of advanced NLP techniques to French legal decisions (pdf) @pommedeterre33 Attendant website: http://www.supralegem.fr
- Michel Blancard, CMAP / EtaLab, A sunny day in the CDO team of the French gov , @Etalab and @OpenSolarMap. Attendant website: OpenSolarMap
- Pierre Saurel, "Ethics of Algorithms: still an oxymoron?"
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup #7 Season 3: Neural Networks for Predictive Maintenance, Machine Learning in Quantitative Finance, Introduction to scikit-learn , February 11, 2016,
hosted by Quantmetry and sponsored by Quantopian. Video is here.
- Pitch: Olivier de Fresnoye, RAMP 9-10 Février, http://www.epidemium.cc.
- Pitch: Gautier Marti, Pitch Cleared Derivatives Solutions
- Franck Bardol and Igor Carron, introduction
- Heloise Nonne, Quantmetry, Réseaux de neurones pour la maintenance prédictive
- Delaney Granizo-Mackenzie, Quantopian, "Machine Learning in Quantitative Finance"
- Olivier Grisel, Introduction to scikit-learnand what's new in v0.17
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup #6 Season 3, February 10th 2015, ASTEC #NecMergitur, Beauty and danger of matrix completion, E-commerce and DL, Topic Modeling on Twitter streams and Cross-Lingual Systems . Maltem Consulting Group hosted and sponsored the networking event after the présentations. Video is here.
- Pitch; Manga Zossou, Projet AZTEC : Audio sensors for threat detection/système de capteurs audio pour détecter des menaces) at 11 minutes in the video. (in French)
- Franck Bardol and Igor Carron, introduction.
- Julie Josse, Beauty and danger of matrix completion methods: unveiling a black box's subtleties for better decision at 1h14 in the video. (in French)
- Andrei Yigal Lopatenko, Head of Search Quality @ WalmartLabs, (remote from SF) What problems of ecommerce can deep learning solve? at 52 minutes in the video. (in English)
- Alex Perrier, (remote from Boston) at 24 minutes in the video. (in French) Topic modeling avec LSA, LDA et STM appliqué aux streams de followers Twitter.
- Jean-Marc Marty, Proxem, The Quest for Cross-Lingual Systems at 1h57 in the video. (in French)
- Paris Machine Learning #5 Season 3, January 13th, 2015. Maltem Consulting Group hosted and sponsored the networking event after the présentations. Video is here.
- Igor Carron, introduction
- Franck Bardol, Intro to ML
- Amine El Helou, The Mathworks (short)
- Chloe-Agathe Azencott, Large p, small n: Feature selection with few samples in high dimension.
- Sebastien Treguer, AutoML Challenge,
- Aurore Li, Composing Music with LSTM, Github
- Kiran Varanasi, Modeling Human Faces. Some videos presented at the meetup can be found here.
- Summary: Bach, Leonardo, Cancer and the Search for the Master Algorithm. A short summary of last night's Paris Machine Learning Meetup (#5 Season 3)
- Paris Machine Learning #4 Season 3, December 9th, 2015. Meetup was hosted by Société Française de Statistique. The networking event is sponsored by MathWorks. Video is here.
- Franck Bardol and Igor Carron, Introduction
- short announcement: Louis Dorard, PAPIs io
- Amine El Helou, Laurence Vachon, Machine Learning for IoT analytics
- Julie Josse et Gérard Biau Presentation of Société Française de Statistique(in French)
- Yves Raimond, Machine Learning at Netflix (in French)
- Matthieu Boussard, craft.ai (in French) Learning and behavior trees
- Jennifer Listgarten Microsoft Research, In Silico predictive modeling of CRISPR/cas9 guiding efficiency.
- Paris Machine Learning #3 Season 3, November 18th, 2015, Meetup at hosted and sponsored by Criteo . Video of the event is here.
- Franck Bardol, Igor Carron, Meetup introduction
- Nicolas Le Roux, Criteo presentation
- Emmanuel Dupoux, ENS Ulm, A report on the Zero Resource Speech Challenge (INTERSPEECH 2015)
- Olivier de Fresnoye, Epidemium (presentation slides), epidemium.cc
- Rebiha Rahba, Identification des ""Trending Topics"" ou comment utiliser le Machine Learning pour identifier les sujets qui font l'actualité ?
- Félix Revert, Du Machine Learning dans l'éducation des langues étrangères ?
- Paris Machine Learning #2 Season 3, October 18th, 2015 (video is here)
- Raphael Puget, LIP6, starts a 14 mins 31 s Extreme multi-class classification with large number of categories / Classification multi-class dans un très grand nombre de catégories.
- R , information security , large protocol inspection and state machine analysis, Imad Soltani,
- "RTB à la Quant", JFT
- Mouhidine Seiv, Riminder.net
- Amine El Helou, Mathworks, Upcoming webinar Machine Learning for Sensor Data Analytics,
- Paris Machine Learning Meetup #1 Season 3, September 9th, 2015, Snips hosted and sponsored this event. Video is here.
- Igor Carron, Franck Bardol, "September, when did that happen ?"
- Samim Winiger, Roelof Pieters , Tales from a deeply generative summer: The coming of age of Creative AI
- Rand Hindi, Snips
- Maxime Pico, Startup42, slides.
- Christophe Bourguignat, www.frenchdata.fr
- Amine El Helou, Mathworks, slides , Kaggle's Right Whale competition
Season 2 (Sept 2014 - July 2015)
Machine Learning Meetup #10 Season 2 Finale: "And so it begins": Deep
Learning, Recovering Robots, Vowpal and Hadoop, Predicsis, Matlab,
Bayesian test, Experiments on #ComputationalComedy & A.I.
June 17th, 2015. Mathworks hosted and sponsored this event. The video is here.
- Franck Bardol, Igor Carron, Meetup Presentation
- Olivier Corradi, Snips.net Lightning talk (at 7 minutes and 19 seconds in the video) Presentation slides
- Heloise Nonne, Quantmetry, "Online learning, Vowpal Wabbit and Hadoop" (talk given in French at 12 minutes and 19 seconds in the video)
- Amine El Helou, Laurence Vachon, MathWorks. “MATLAB for Data Science and Machine Learning” (talk given in French at 35 minutes and 50 seconds in the video)
- Samim Winiger, "Experiments on #ComputationalComedy and A.I." (remote from Berlin and i n English , starts at 58 minutes and 22 seconds in the video)
- Ruslan Salakhutdinov, University of Toronto, Learning Multimodal Deep Models (remote from Toronto and in English, starts at 1 hour 06 minutes and 08 seconds in the video)
- Florence Benezit-Gajic, PredicSis, "PredicSis: Prediction API" (talk given in English, starts at 1 hour 47 minutes and 55 seconds in the video)
- Jean-Baptiste Mouret, INRIA/UPMC, "Robots that can recover from damage in minutes" . Attendant video: https://youtu.be/T-c17RKh3uE - (talk given in French, starts at 2 hours 06 minutes and 40 seconds in the video)
- Christian Robert Paris Dauphine, "Testing as estimation: the demise of the Bayes factors" (talk given in French, starts at 2 hours 26 minutes and 00 seconds in the video)